After undergoing the Invisalign treatment, you will have to change your lifestyle a bit to make the treatment work for you. It is true that the treatment is quite painless, but like other orthodontic treatments, you have to be a bit careful after the procedure. You should also keep in close touch with your dentist and follow their advice to get good results. Invisalign is a popular treatment, but many people have several questions about it. Here is what you should know about it.
- It may take some time to learn how to talk properly. After putting in your first aligner, it is natural to feel weird. It will push against your teeth and make it difficult for you to talk in the beginning. Some people may even talk with a lisp. You may feel tempted to take out the tray, but that is not going to make things easier. In fact, you will never learn to talk properly with your aligners if you keep removing them all the time. A better option would be to let them sit in your mouth and learn to talk properly.
- Others are not going to notice your aligners. Many people are under the impression that aligners are like braces and others will be able to see it. The truth is that others will not notice you wearing your aligners, which is actually one of many reasons why people are now turning to this procedure. While the aligners are not completely invisible, they are much better than metal braces.
- Make use of different Invisalign attachments to help speed up recovery. In order to get good results, you should not shy away from taking advantage of different Invisalign attachments. These attachments are designed to keep a tray from moving. You may find them weird, but they certainly help speed up treatment. Learn to use these attachments properly and you will have straighter teeth fast.
- Keeping your aligners clean is important. When you opt for aligners, you need to ensure that they work great but require some care as well. You should clean your Invisalign trays often using some antibacterial soap and water. You can also find some specially designed cleaning products to clean Invisalign trays. Never try to use toothpaste or something else to clean your trays or else you might end up scratching the plastic.
- Pay attention to oral hygiene. It is important to brush regularly, but you have to be even more careful when wearing aligners. If you do not brush your teeth and floss regularly, you will develop several dental problems. Those Invisalign trays can hold bacteria and plaque against your teeth, which is why you need to have a strict brushing and flossing routine.
The crux of the matter is that Invisalign treatment can help you have straighter teeth in a much easier way. However, you should pay special attention to taking the right care of those Invisalign trays. Just follow your dentist advice and also ensure that you stick to whatever dietary instructions you have received from your dentist to get good results.